And this is where our vision starts… our strongly beliefs in sustainable tourism and our truly love for the nature, as well as for our blessed home, motivate us daily to offer to our guests unique experiences. Our goal is to continuously reduce the energy footprint and to upgrade all the services provided. That’s why we feel very happy to join the family of Bike Friendly Hotels. We are the first certified Bike Friendly complex of villas in the island and feel very proud of it.
Cycling is not only good for health, but it’s also a green option to discover the beauty of our island, while Lefkada can certainly offer countless, amazing routes, with varying degrees of difficulty, for any type of cyclists.
The most characteristic about Lefkada is that it is connected to the mainland by a floating bridge offering this way to the visitors a unique feeling – as it is an island which is accessible by car!
Lefkada is known as the Caribbean of Greece and not unfairly, as it counts many splendid beaches with mesmerizing turquoise waters. Porto Katsiki, Egremni and Kathisma are in the top of the list with the best beaches, not only in Mediterranean and Europe, but also in the whole world, every year.
On the other hand, apart from the beaches, Lefkada is blessed with rich vegetation, greenery forests, magnificent waterfalls and a beautiful lagoon, enlisted to the network of NATURA 2000, as protected area with significant ecological importance. Hence, it combines mountainous and coastal landscapes superb for bicycle rides!
Therefore, the team of Villas On The Clouds, in an effort to offer high quality services to the guests, collaborates with the local bike friendly partner ‘Petali’. In this way we manage to provide all of our guests with well maintained bikes for all tastes, helmets, cycling accessories, route maps, even electrical bicycles, anytime they wish.
Bike routes of the island:
- Mountainous Lefkada
- Katouna- Skaros
- Gyra round
Bike friendly facilities offered by the villas complex
- Information about bike friendly services either on the website or in the hotel brochure, or in a special brochure.
- Area map with cycling routes in printed or electronic form (free service).
- Secure parking or storage area for bicycles or co-operation with a corresponding space near the hotel (free service).
- Tool kit availability (free service).
- Washing machine-dryer available on a daily basis (on-site or off-site – paid service).
- Renting and repairing bicycles in the hotel or near the hotel (paid service).
- Collaboration with a company that organizes cycling tours.
- Parking places with a special rack for bicycles.
- Electric bicycle battery charging point.
- Rent a mini van service for bicycles transport.
- Lunchbox availability with fruit, toast, energy drinks, etc.